Icy Blonde Hairstyles That’ll Convince You to Go White
cy blonde hair is the coolest trend right now, and you’ve probably seen many girls rocking it ever so effortlessly. If you’ve ever wanted to try it out this article is perfect for you. Throughout this article, you’re going to see how to style this hair color in different ways, learn how to maintain this shade and so much more.
How to Get Ice Blonde Hair
Getting the ice blonde look on your own can be quite tricky which is why you should consider scheduling an appointment where a professional and skilled hairdresser will give you a perfect look. The DIY process is quite similar to other forms of hair coloring, and it includes:
- Step 1: get hair lightening kit and the ice blonde hair dye or color kit as well as other tools you need for the coloring process.
- Step 2: use the hair lightening kit according to the manufacturer’s instructions to strip off a few shades.
- Step 3: Section your hair into four sections and spray them with CHI Keratin Mist or any other similar product.
- Step 4: start applying hair color carefully making sure every hair strand is completely covered.
- Step 5: wait for 30 minutes (or any other timeframe provided by the manufacturer) before you rinse your hair.
Ice Blonde Vs. Platinum Blonde
It’s not uncommon for people to think that ice and platinum blonde are the same thing. They’re not. While both of them are versions of blonde, platinum still has a hint of color in it while ice is on the cooler side and appears almost white and silver.
Ice blonde hair dye is as pale in color, but unlike platinum which is bright, this shade of blonde features violet or blue tones that give you the icy shimmer. Both types of blonde are super sexy, so the final choice depends on you only. Platinum blonde is usually preferred by girls who still want their hair to have that signature blonde feel.
Tips & Maintenance
Blonde hair requires a lot of care and maintenance, and it’s a big commitment that you need to take into consideration before you decide to go for it. Without proper care, your hair color will lose its definition, and it won’t last. In the end, you’d end up with a hairstyle you don’t really want. To avoid all the hassle make sure you care for your icy blonde hair properly. These tips will help you:
- Avoid washing your hair every day and try to go as many days as you can without washing. Generally speaking, washing your hair two or maximum three times a week is enough. When you do it on a daily basis, you strip off moisture your hair needs to remain soft, and it’s needless to mention you impair hair color.
- Use purple or some other toning shampoo that will prevent unwanted changes in the blonde hair.
- Don’t brush your hair when it’s wet due to damage. Remember, it took a lot of lightning and bleaching to get icy white blonde hair color, and your hair sustained some degree of damage which could be aggravated with brushing when wet. The goal is to restore smoothness and quality of your hair.
- Reduce heat styling as much as you can, only do it when it’s absolutely necessary.
- Buy a rich hair mask that you’ll apply once a week to restore moisture and smoothness of your locks.
- Use a good conditioner that will nourish your hair after washing.
Latest Icy Blonde Hairstyles
Wondering how to pull off ice blonde look? These 15 breathtaking ideas will help you out. Scroll down to see them all.
FAQs on Icy Blonde Hairstyles
Q. For Which Season I Should Get Icy Blonde Hair?
Ans: Ice blonde hair dye is a great shade for the hair you can wear any time you want, but it has become a huge winter hair trend. Of course, you don’t have to wait for winter just to rock this hairstyle, and you can do it now as well.
Q. I Have Naturally Curly Hair – Can I Dye My Hair Ice Blonde?
Ans: You can, but you should definitely not do it on your own. Curly hair is sensitive and susceptible to damage. The last thing you want to do is to mess up your lovely curls. Professional hairstylists will help you get icy blonde hair color in a safe manner.
Ice blonde hairstyle is a major hair trend, and you’ve probably wanted to try it out. There’s no reason why you shouldn’t do that; just remember proper care is vital. This article listed some amazing hairstyle ideas you can try.